This week you will be working in cooperative pairs to research a natural disaster. You are to research and answer the following questions together on Keynote and then will present your findings to the grade.
What is the natural disaster?
Where does it occur and why?
What damage does it cause?
Find some historical examples of your natural disaster.
If you find a good website for others to use, please leave a comment with the link. Thank you. Happy researching 🙂
For one of your activities in reading groups this week you will be reading a digital resource on an Asian country – South Korea.
1. Visit http://www.sunshineonline.com.au/ and type in the username and password. See board.
2. Click on the link ‘Discovering Asia’.
3. Click on the link ‘South Korea’.
4. Read through the chapters of the online book by clicking on the arrows in the bottom left corner or via the ‘Table of Contents’.
5. Answer the following questions as a comment to this post:
a) What different text types are included in the online book about South Korea? Why do you think there is a variation and not all the same one?
b) What are some similarities and differences between South Korea and the country you are investigating for your Getaway clip?
c) List 5 facts that you now know about South Korea.