Watch the following BtN video and answer the following questions on
a Pages document. Remember to answer in full sentences and use your best spelling and punctuation. This task will go into your portfolio and demonstrate your understandings of how to watch a video and respond to questions. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3693796.htm%5B/caption%5D
1. A meteor recently exploded above what country?
2. Describe the damage that was caused by the meteor.
3. The force of the meteor that recently exploded was 20 times bigger than an ________ bomb.
4. How are asteroids, meteoroids and comets different?
5. What are meteoroids and asteroids generally made from?
6. Between what two planets would you normally find asteroids?
a. Mars and Jupiter
b. Earth and Mars
c. Saturn and Uranus
7. When a meteoroid enters the Earth’s atmosphere it’s called a _____________.
8. How are meteorites valuable to scientists?
9. Many scientists believe that a major collision between asteroids and the Earth 66 million years ago contributed to the extinction of what species?
10. What was surprising about this story?
Watch the following BtN video and answer the following questions as a comment to this post. Remember to answer in
full sentences and use your best spelling and punctuation. Good luck 🙂
1. Write a short summary of this BtN story.
2. What are some of the disadvantages of the space suits being used at the moment?
3. How is the Biosuit different to the older ones?
4. How does the body change in the weightlessness of space?
5. On a mission to Mars that takes about two and a half years, you would come back with the hip bones of a __________.
6. How does osteoporosis affect bones?
7. How does the suit help prevent it?
8. The pretend spaceship shown in the BtN story is called the ___________.
9. Illustrate an aspect of the BtN story in your reading book.
10. What do you understand more clearly since watching
Space suit story?
Watch the BtN video and post a quality comment with the answers to the questions below .
1. The teams debating in the BtN story were competing in the…
2. In your own words, describe what a debate is.
3. How many speakers are there on each debating team?
4. How long did the students get to prepare their argument?
5. How can you make a good argument?
6. Who won the debate?
7. What advice do the students give about debating?
8. How does debating help students with their school work?
9. How can it help with different jobs?
10. What was surprising about this story?
For those of you who are at school on Thursday, here is a BtN video for you to complete. It fits in very well with out CBL challenge – ‘reduce your impact on the environment’.
Watch the following BtN and answer the questions as a comment to this post. Don’t forget to answer in full sentences and check you spelling and punctuation.
1. Summarise this BtN story into your own words.
2. How many pieces of plastic end up in the world’s oceans every day?
3. How does plastic get into the ocean?
4. What can happen when plastics stay in the water for a long time?
5. What are microplastics?
6. Why are they harmful?
7. What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
8. Explain Boyan Slat’s idea to clean up the garbage patch.
9. What can be done to prevent plastics from reaching the oceans?
10. What do you do to help the amount of rubbish entering the ocean?
Below you will find a pdf of your homework sheets and link to the BtN video. Can’t wait to see your 5/5 quality work next Friday 7th August 🙂
Click here for the homework sheets
1) Where are the Tiwi islands? Show their location on a map. You could answer the questions
inside the map if you wish. Choose an app that would suit your needs.
2) What is the Main Idea of the Btn episode?
3) You be the teacher and create two questions about this BtN clip.
Watch the clip twice. Write at least sentence length answers as a comment to this post. You may want to extend your answers out to a paragraph if you feel you need to explain in more detail.
Why should Australian children learn an Asian language?
The Asian century is coming. Describe one change happening in Asian countries.
Why is being close to Asia good for Australia?
What are the main languages Australians should learn?
What problems must be overcome to teach Asian languages in Australia?
What is the main idea of the BTN clip?
Watch the video above and answer the questions on the sheet provided to you. This is a portfolio task, so make sure it is your BEST work. Don’t forget to write in full sentences 🙂
Watch the BtN video below about Spinal Safety. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s2910971.htm%5B/caption%5D
2. As a
quality comment to this post, answer the following questions…
a) What is the spinal cord?
b) Which body system is it apart of?
c) What are 3 ways in which your spinal cord could be damaged?
3. Create a
Comic Life poster promoting ways to keep your spine & spinal cord safe.
Watch the video below and then answer the questions as a to this post. If you get time, explore the ‘Related Information’ section next to the video on the BtN website. quality comment http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3619584.htm%5B/caption%5D
1. According to the report, the number of kids who won’t know how to swim by the time they leave primary school is…
2. What does the Royal Lifesaving Society want to do to tackle the problem?
3. What do supporters of their idea say?
4. What are some disadvantages of their idea?
5. What do you do to stay safe when swimming?
6. What are some ways people can keep themselves safe in the water?
7. Should swimming lessons be compulsory in all primary schools? Why? Why not?
Watch the video below and then answer the questions as a quality comment to this post. If you get time, explore the ‘Related Information’ section next to the video on the BtN website. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3809197.htm%5B/caption%5D
1. What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
2.What has a new study found about using electronic devices before going to bed?
3.The light emitted from electronic devices can affect how well we sleep. True or false?
4. When it gets dark, your brain clock decides it is sleep time and tells another part of your body to release what chemical?
5.Why do we need sleep?
6.What can we do to get a better night’s sleep?
7.How much sleep do you think you need each day?
8. What are 3 facts that you learnt from watching this BtN video
Watch the video below and then answer the questions as a quality comment to this post. If you get time, explore the ‘Related Information’ section next to the video on the BtN website. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3630903.htm%5B/caption%5D
1. Summarise this BtN video in a few sentences.
2. Which website recently launched a campaign to encourage Aussie kids to pledge their commitment to stop bullying?
3. What does cyberbullying mean?
4. How is cyberbullying different to bullying someone face-to-face?
5. Why do you think some people that bully online would never do it face-to-face?
6. What is trolling?
7.What are some strategies kids can use to help deal with cyber bullying?
8.List some positive aspects of social media and communicating online.
9. How did this story make you feel?
10.What do you understand more clearly since watching the BtN story?