BtN – Moon Landing

Watch the following BtN video and answer the following questions as a comment to this post. Remember to answer in full sentences and use your best spelling and punctuation. Good luck 🙂

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s2627599.htm http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s2627599.htm%5B/caption%5D

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.57.05 pm

25 Comments on BtN – Moon Landing

1. lilgra15
    October 12, 2015 at 11:55 am (2 years ago)

Dear miss may
    1. Six million people were what Hong the first man land on the moon
    2. They mean that one small step on eatprth but in space there’s no gravity so a big leap
    3.rushia started it by sending a big sate light up into space
    4. United States didn’t want to be out done so the two country’s started a race
    5. That he would make the first man land on the moon
    6. Because going into orbit wasn’t that far and the moon is much more far away than the moon
    7.australia job was to receive all the imformatoin
    8. Because it hasn’t been done since the 70s
    9. Yes because other wise we wouldn’t know all this stuff about the moon
    10. Because it’s amazing how we can do these things

From lily-jade

2. Deakin

Dear Miss May,
    1. 600 million people watched the landing on the moon
    2. It was man evolving
    3. They launched a satellite
    4. They didn’t want them to be the first ones to the moon
    5. That they would get to the moon
    6. Because it was further away
    7. They received the transmissions
    8. So they’ll have training for when they go to Mars
    9. Yes because if earth gets destroyed we will know what to do
    10. I think it will be remembered because it took 3 days to get there
    From Deakin

3. jaspic15
    October 12, 2015 at 12:04 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    There was 600 million people that watched the first man land on the moon.
    I think that it means to be the first to take a step and a leap on a hole new planet.
    Russia sent a satellite called Sputnik in to orbit.
    The U.S. Didn’t want to be out done, so they had a race to space with Russia.
    The U.S. President said to achieve the goal of landing a man on the moon and bringing him back safely.
    To go to orbit you only had to go a few hundred kilometres and going to the moon was three hundred thousand kilometres.
    Australia played the part from the signals from the moon were received by tracking stations out side of honey suckle creek out side of Canberra.
    The U.S. Is planing to send people back to the moon to beat Russia in the race to space.

4. Name*
    October 12, 2015 at 12:05 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss may,
    There was 600 moillion that watched the first person land on the moon.
    The statement meant it was from one of humanity’s biggest adventures.
    Russia sparked by launching a satellite into Obote named Sputnik.
    The U.S didn’t want to the be out of the race to be first on the moon. There goal was to have the first person the moon.
    To make a man go to the moon and back safely and finish this decade is over.
    Because around the earth is it only a couple of hundred of kilometres and to the moon it is three hundred thousand kilometres.
    Australia had to collect all signals from the moon.
    The U.S were trying to beat Russia.

5. Theo

Hi Miss.May,
    Here are my answers to the BTN video.
    1. 600 million people watch the Moon landing on T.V.
    2.?
    3. The Russians amazed everyone by sending a satellite called Sputnik into orbit.
    4. The United States didn’t want to be outdone?
    5.?
    6.?
    7.?
    8. The United States are planing to send more people to the Moon so that they can practise to go to Mars.
    9.?
    10. I think that the Moon landing is the greatest achievements of all time is because the Moon was the first planet to have someone land on it.
    Sorry I didn’t fill in all the answers!
    From Theo

6. marboz15
    October 12, 2015 at 12:06 pm (2 years ago)

1. Six hundred thousand people watched man landing on the moon.
    2. The statement “one small step for man” meant it was a great achievement for Buzz Aldrin and it changed his life but “one giant step for mankind” meant scientists achieved something that changed the world for everyone

7. Liam D
    October 12, 2015 at 12:28 pm (2 years ago)

1. 600,000,000 people were watch the moon landing.
    2. I think they meant a small step for people on earth but a giant step on the moon.
    3. Russia are the people that did the first launch and failed.
    4. The United States wanted to achieve it to but failed a lot to.
    5. His promise was to send someone to the moon and get them back safe to earth.
    6. It is more complicated because it’s longer.
    7. Australia had sadilites that got footage.
    8. The U.S. Is sending more people to the moon to build stuff.
    9. It is money well spend if it’s going to change our life’s.
    10. Because it’s the first time we’ve landed on the moon.
    From Liam D

8. Ben H
    October 12, 2015 at 12:31 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1. It was 600 million people watched them go to the moon.2. It meant that it was a small step for a man and a big leap for the world.3. Russia sent a drone to space to get their but it failed.4. They wouldn’t be beaten so it was a race and USA won.5. He said that he would send someone to the moon and they would come back safely.6. That the moon was 300’000km away from earth.7. The Australians got the signals from the moon.8. To get more experience so they can go to Mars and other planets.9. Yes it was because we know then Mars is a living planet or not.10. Because we know the moon is land able and stable.
    From Ben H

9. Lexi
    October 12, 2015 at 12:32 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1. Six hundred million watched the people go to the moon.
    2. I thought that meant it was one big step for the Neil Armstrong.
    3. Russia at a bomb when they were about to take off so which made them go down to the ground and they were really bad p.
    4. The United States responded to this and said OMG I am so happy. I thought they were really happy.
    5. That he said he would promise that they would come back saftley and they would come back healthy.
    6. I think that they would orbit because they went around the earth around the whole entire earth.
    7. They played the watching game on TV.
    8. To achieve another goal and ther going to be sending them back around 2020.
    9. Yes I do because it is a well spent money option.
    10 I think the moon landing will be the greatest achievement of all time because know one has ever done it exspet for those people it is a great achievement.
    From Alexie.

10. Name*
    October 12, 2015 at 12:33 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    This is the rest of my work.
    Th U.S was sending people back to the moon because so they have experience to travel to Mars.
    The money was well spent because they will have experience and there goal could be completed.
    Because the moon landing is a great achievement for U.S and it is great for the future.
    From Liam P

11. erinakg15
    October 12, 2015 at 12:36 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1- 600 million people watched the moon landing.
    2- because he is making “HISTORY”.
    3- Russia I think launch a rocket in space and America got angry.
    4- NASA officials I think responded and they were not impressed.
    5- he promised the astronauts will land safely and come back safely.
    6- the moon is cold and it’s further away from Earth and the Orbit.
    7- N/A
    8- USA wants to learn a bit more about the moon so they are traveling to the moon.
    9- I think money has been spent well because if NASA didn’t buy expensive rockets it wouldn’t have been possible to go to the moon.
    10- well it’s the moon we are commenting about going on the moon is historical.

12. haybri15
    October 12, 2015 at 12:37 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    The moon landing was a great BTN video to bass this on.
    1. Over 60000000 people where glued to the TVs as they watched the moon landing
    2. I think that it means finally we did it we got to the moon and back safely
    3. Russher shot a sadalit into space to orbit the Earth
    4. They contacted NASA and clearly said “the eagle has landed the eagle has landed”.
    5. The promises was to send a man to the moon and back safely.
    6. It was more complicated then lunching a sadalit because it is a father distance.
    7. Australia had a big part in the mission because the got a signal.
    8. They are going back so they can get more experience for when they go to other planets like Mars (the red planet)
    9.i think that it is a good idea because if they want to be abel to sestane life on Mars so if the world ends we have a place to go.
    10. I think it will be remember for a long time because it’s not every day that you get to see someone go to the moon or get to go to the moon so it is a big achievement and I will be remembered for a long, long time.
    From Hayden

13. erinakg15
    October 12, 2015 at 12:38 pm (2 years ago)

Comment

14. kylche15
    October 15, 2015 at 11:30 am (2 years ago)

To miss may
    These are my answers.
    1. 600 million people watched the moon landing.
    2. I think it means that he took a small step but because there was less gravity he leaped further
    3. Russia launched spuntnik 1 that starred the space race
    4. The US decided to land on the moon first.
    5. He said that they were going to land on the moon within 10 years.
    6. Going to the moon was more complicated than going to orbit because there is a lot more distance.
    7. They help use their radios to get communication
    8. Us is trying to send people back to the moon because they want astronauts to practise for going to Mars
    9. I am not sure the money is well spent because they could use the money to save the environment but it will be very cool to live on the moon.
    10. The moon landing is remembered because many people thought it was inposible.
    Form Kyle Yi

15. kyamar15
    October 15, 2015 at 11:34 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1. 600,000,000 people watched the first moon landing.
    2. It means that all we need to do is step on the moon and that is a big step for us.
    3. Russia sent a satellite called Sputnik in to orbit.
    4. The US wanted to land a man on the moon first.
    5. He promised that he would land a man on the moon and safely return them home.
    6. It would be more complicated because it would take longer to get there.
    7. Australia’s roll was there was tracking stations in Australia.
    8. NASA want to send people back to the moon to practice for longer trips to Mars.
    9. Yes, because was are running out of room and resources so it would be a good idea.
    10. It will be remembered because it was a good step for us and it was amazing.
    From Kyan

16. jacbar15
    October 15, 2015 at 11:40 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1. Six million people watched the moon landing on TV
    2.I think it meant one for huge achivement him and one huge achivement for mankind.
    3. Russia launched a satellite in to space.
    4. America did not take it very well and wanted to get to space.
    5. John F promised that before this decade is gone he would get a man on the moon and back safely.
    6.Because people go up and it takes longer to get there and back but satellites just orbit and don’t come back.
    7. The tracking signals were received in Australia.
    8. The U.S. are planning to build a colony on the moon.
    9.Yes because it would be closer to plants like Mars plus it would be cool.
    10. Be cause no had gone on the moon or anything out of earth.
    From Jack(;

17. Nick
    October 15, 2015 at 11:44 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May
    1. Six hundred million where watching the moon landing
    2. I think that it meant to decelerate the moon landed on
    3. Russia launched a satiate into space
    4. They responded by sending a man to the moon
    5. That someone was going to land on the moon and return back to earth
    6. Because the moon is further away
    7. Australia got the signals from the moon
    8. Maybe they wont people to live on the moon
    9. I think it is well spent because it is a great achievement
    10. Because some one has been to somewhere else in space
    From Nick

18. alecol15
    October 15, 2015 at 11:46 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,

I found this video fascinating because I didn’t know much about people going to the moon and this gives me further information about it.
    1. 600 million people watched the landing on TV.
    2. I think the statement, ‘one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind’ means that taking this first step on the moon will change the way we live on Earth.
    3. Russia launched a satelite into orbit that amazed people, and then both Russia and the United States wanted to be the first to land on the moon.
    4. The United States responded to ‘Sputnik’ the Russian satelite by working hard enough to fly a man to space and land them on the moon safely, then flying back home to Earth.
    5. The United States president John F. Kennedy promised that they would send a man safely up into space to the moon and back to Earth unharmed before that decade was gone.
    6. Going to the moon is more complex than going into orbit because the moon is more than 300,000km away from Earth while going into orbit is just a couple of hundred kms away.
    7. The role Australia played in the mission were they received the signals from the moon in tracking stations in Canberra.
    8. The US are planning to send more people to the moon so they can practise for longer missions to Mars, and they might even start a colony there!
    9. I think the money is spent well because they are making a change on our lifestyle and they are making amazing scientific discoveries up there.
    10. I think the moon landing will be one of the biggest achievements of all time because it was the first time anyone had been into space and on the moon and now people will discover even more up on the moon.
    From Aleecia

19. louvan15
    October 15, 2015 at 11:48 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    This video was a very interesting video!
    600 million people watched the moon landing on television.
    I think it means that it’s one small step for one man on earth, and it’s one giant leap for man kind on the moon.
    The Russians amazed everyone by sending a satellite into space. That began a race to space for the two countries.
    The United States responded by sending the first man up to space.
    The promise that John F. Kennedy made was that the men will return back safely from the moon.
    Landing on the moon was more complicated that orbiting because you had to go a few hundred kilometres away, then land, turn around and go back home.
    Australia’s role was to receive signals from the moon by tracking stations in Canberra, Honeysuckle Creek.
    The U.S is planning to send people back to the Moon in 2020 so the can practise for longer missions to Mars.
    I do think that it is money well spent because it is a once in a life time opportunity for those three men to go to the moon.
    I think that the moon landing will be one of the biggest achievements of all time because it was a really big accomplishment that took a lot of time to make. Also, it was the first time anyone had ever been to the moon.
    From Louise.

20. Caitlyn
    October 15, 2015 at 11:50 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    1.Abut 600 million people where glued to there t.v.s to see the apollo 11 get lunched.
    2.I think that when they said one big leap for man kind is meaning that there is no gravity one big step because they carnet walk on the moon.
    3.Russia started it by lunching a satellite called Sputnik into orbit witch made the united sates to lunch a rocket.
    4. The united sates responds by saying They didn’t want to be outdone and the two countries began a race into space and thats how the united sates stated To get a rocket ready.
    5.He made the promise of this nation should commit itself to achieving this goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth.
    6.The moon is harder to get to because it s thousands of km away from earth which makes it harder to get to then the orbit.
    7. Australia’s role was to get The signals from the moon were received by tracking stations at Honeysuckle Creek outside Canberra.
    8.The us are planing to send people back to the moon to discover if there can be life on moon and seeing if it can be done by 2020.
    9.I think that the money is well spent because they made it easy to learn about the moon because people have been there before.
    10.I think that it will be one of the biggest achievements because its really hard to get to the moon and not may countries have ever gone to the moon and land on it like the US have.
    From Caitlyn

21. Kevin
    October 15, 2015 at 12:23 pm (2 years ago)

To Miss May,
    1. There were 600million people who watched the moon landing on television.
    2. I think it meant that this one step on moon, is a really big success to humans.
    3. The Russian’s sent a satellite called Sputnik into orbit.
    4. The Americans wanted to achieve man landing on moon with the decade their in.
    5. The Americans promise that they will safely send men to
    the moon and back.
    6. It is difficult to send man on moon because orbiting only needs a few hundred kilometres. To the moon needs more than 300 thousands kilometres.
    7. The role of Australia was to receive the signals from space in a tracking station at Honeysuckle creek outside Canberra and Parkes in N.S.W.
    8. The U.S is planning to send people to the moon in the year 2020 because no one has been on the moon since 1970.
    9. I think the money is spent well because it is good to have an achievement like that. Everyone was really nervous and exciting and they really wanted to complete it.
    10. I think that moon landing was one of the biggest achievements because it was really early when it was done. Also in that time technology wasn’t as good as now, but they managed to make the achievement come true.
    From Kevin

22. elojon15
    October 15, 2015 at 12:38 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    I really enjoyed this BTN activity because it was very fascinating. Here are my answers.
    1. 600 million people watched the moon landing on television.
    2. I think that that statement means that when people go the moon that it can take a long time so that is why it says that it’s a giant leap for a man kind.
    3. The Russians sent the sati lite called Spanic.
    4. The United States responded that they didn’t want to be outdone so the two countries began a race into space.
    5. John F Kenedy promised that he believed that this nation should commit itself to achieving this goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth.
    6. Going to the moon was more complicated because just getting off the ground was complicated, also the moon is several hundred kilometres away.
    7. Australia’s roll was to receive the signals from the moon.
    8. The US is planing to send people back to the moon because they want to prepare for longer missions to Mars.
    9. I think that it is money well spent because the mission was a success and they can prepare for longer missions to Mars.
    10. The moon landing will be remembered a one of the biggest achievements of all time because they were one of the first people to land on the moon and come back safely.
    From Eloise.

23. edegra15
    October 15, 2015 at 12:40 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    I have watched the video and here are my answers.
    2. I think the statement means that when you go to the moon it can take a long time so that is why it says a giant leap for a man kind.
    3. Russia amazed everyone by sending a satellite named Sputnik into orbit.
    4. The United States response was that they didn’t want to be outdone so they began a race to space.
    6. Going to the moon was complicated because just getting off the ground was complicated, also the moon is several hundred kilometres away.
    7. Australia’s role was to receive the signals from the moon which was in Canberra.
    8. The US are planning to send people back to the moon because they are practicing for longer missions to Mars.
    9. I think the money was spent well because the mission was a success.
    10. I was the biggest achievement because they were the first people to land on the moon.
    From Eden.

24. Name*
    October 15, 2015 at 12:41 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    2. I think that the statement means that when you go to the moon it can take a long time so that is why it says a giant leap for a man kind.
    3. Russia sent the first sati light called Sputnik.
    4. The UNITED STATES respons was they didn’t want to be outdone.
    5. They believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving this goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth.
    7. Australia’s role was to receive the sing all from the moon which was in Canberra.
    8. The US are planning to send people back to the moon practice for longer missions to Mars.
    9. I think that the money was spent well because it was a success.
    10. I think Apollo 11 was the first to land on the moo .
    From Ella

25. Connor
    October 15, 2015 at 12:43 pm (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May,
    2. A little thing for him but a huge thing for the US/the world.
    3. Russia launched a satellite called Sputnik into space which sparked the race to conquer space.
    4. The US responded to try to send a man to the moon before the decade was out.
    5. John F Kennedy promised to send a man to the moon and send him back safety before somebody else did.
    6. It was much more complicated to go to the moon instead of going into orbit because the moon was so far away.
    7. Australia’s roll to play was to check the signals from the moon which were received by tracking stations in Canberra.
    From Connor.