Matching Fractions with Decimals

Hi everyone its Miss Buhov!

Once you have finished your fractions and decimals worksheets I will get you to answer these three questions as a comment to this post:

1. What did I learn?

2. How did you work it out?

3. How did you know they were equivalent?

11 Comments on Matching Fractions with Decimals

1. deatro15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:37 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1.i learnt that .1 and .10 are the same, technically
    2. The worksheet told you about and had an activity about it
    3. .10 – the 0 =.1
    From Deakin

2. Kyle yi
    September 8, 2015 at 9:41 am (2 years ago)

Hi Miss Buhov
    These are my awnsers to your questions.
    1. I didn’t really learn anything as I already knew how to do it.
    2. On a grid is there are 10 sections and you coloured in 2 it will be 2/10 if you coloured in 3 it will be 3/10 and so on.
    3. I know if they are equivalent because 1/10 =10/100 so 3/10= 30/100.

3. kyamar15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:43 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May and Miss Buhov,
    1. I learned that all decimals have a coresponding fraction.
    2. I just divided it by a 100 like Miss Buhov said.
    3. I looked at them visually and they had the same number of squares shaded in.
    From Kyan

4. Lauren
    September 8, 2015 at 9:44 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss May and Miss Buhov,
    1. I knew that fractions can be the same as decimals.
    2. I worked it out by just changing the way it is eg. If the fraction was 72/100 I just changed the 72 to 0.72 because 72/100 is not a full number so it is a decimal.
    3. I knew that they were equivelent because if you divide them by ten or multipy them by tn they are the same
    From Lauren

5. Ben H
    September 8, 2015 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1.How to check if 6 tenths and 60 hundredths are the same.2 I coloured in the squares and divided the number how many times does it go into 100.3. I shaded them in to see if they were equivalent.
    From Ben H

6. alecol15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1. I learnt how to change fractions into decimals and decimals into fractions.
    2. I ruled the fractions and coloured them in to show if the fractions were equivalent or not.
    3. I knew they were equivalent because when I drew the fractions up in the grid they both took up they same amount of space. If you divide the fractions or multiply them they are equivalent.

7. deatro15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1. I learnt that .1 and .10 are the same
    2.the worksheet told you about it and I did an activity on it so it wasn’t that hard to learn about it. On the grids we were asked to colour in the factions and write the decimals. On the sheet we did fractions activities
    3. .10 – the 0= .1
    From Deakin

8. Will
    September 8, 2015 at 9:47 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1. What did I learn. I learnt that you could put a decimal in a fraction.
    2. How did you work it out. If it was 0.40 it will be 44/100 and if it was 44/100 it was the same as 0.40.

9. erinakg15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:48 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    1. I learnt that one and ten are the same.
    2. I worked it out on the grid.

10. kylche15
    September 8, 2015 at 9:48 am (2 years ago)

Hi miss Buhov
    These are my awnsers to your questions.
    1. I didn’t really learn anything as I already knew how to do this a while ago.
    2. This is how I worked it out if in a diagram there are 10 sections if 4/10 sections shaded it will be the same as 0.4 because it isn’t 1 whole yet because only 4/10 is coloured in so it will be 0 and 4 tenths or 0.4.
    3. I knew it was equivalent because 1/10 is equal to 10/100 so 4/10 would have to be equivalent to 40/100.
    From Kyle Yi

11. will.m
    September 8, 2015 at 9:53 am (2 years ago)

Dear Miss Buhov,
    I learnt where to put the decimal when I have corespondent numbers. I worked it out by looking at all the shaded in fractions. I knew they were equivalent because 20 into 100 is the same thing as 2/10 but you just have to add a 0.
    From Will