For those of you who are at school on Thursday, here is a BtN video for you to complete. It fits in very well with out CBL challenge – ‘reduce your impact on the environment’.
Watch the following BtN and answer the questions as a comment to this post. Don’t forget to answer in full sentences and check you spelling and punctuation.
1. Summarise this BtN story into your own words.
2. How many pieces of plastic end up in the world’s oceans every day?
3. How does plastic get into the ocean?
4. What can happen when plastics stay in the water for a long time?
5. What are microplastics?
6. Why are they harmful?
7. What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
8. Explain Boyan Slat’s idea to clean up the garbage patch.
9. What can be done to prevent plastics from reaching the oceans?
10. What do you do to help the amount of rubbish entering the ocean?